List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Blomstrom Date:October 8 2006 6:23am
Subject:Importing a Database (.mpb file)
View as plain text
Hopeffully this will be the last question in this series. :)

I want to copy a database from my PC to my Apple laptop. I installed MySQL's GUI Tools on
both computers, created a file named Backup.mpb on my PC, then put a copy of it on my Mac.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get Backup.mbp into my new MySQL program.

I thought perhaps I could import it with phpMyAdmin, just as I import SQL files, but that
didn't work. If the database is named "Sky," do I have to create that database in my new
MySQL program before I can import the Sky backup? What's the easiest way to import it?

Thanks.

Thread
Importing a Database (.mpb file)David Blomstrom8 Oct
  • Re: Importing a Database (.mpb file)Daniel Kasak9 Oct