List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:October 8 2006 1:11am
Subject:Re: Setting Up MySQL Administrator
View as plain text
David Blomstrom wrote:
> I just downloaded MySQL Administrator and am now trying to set it up. Can anyone tell
> me what "stored connection" and "Server Host" mean? I'm using Apache on Windows XP, but
> I'm not sure what they mean by Server Host. 3306 is listed under "Port" by default.
>
> Also, what are the default username and password for MySQL? I have a username and
> password for my database, but I don't recall creating them for the overall MySQL program.
> As I recall, "root" serves as the username or password.
>
> Thanks.

Assuming that you installed mysql (and keep in mind, we're talking about
your MYSQL, not apache), then stored connection refers to the saved
settings.
"Server Host" is either the ip or the domain name of your server.  If
you're talking to your local MySQL server, then it's "localhost".  As
far as the username and password, when you installed the mysql server
itself, it should have asked you to create a password for the "root"
user, just type that in.  Username is the username that you set up,
probably root.

Thread
Setting Up MySQL AdministratorDavid Blomstrom8 Oct
  • Re: Setting Up MySQL AdministratorJohn Meyer8 Oct
Re: Setting Up MySQL AdministratorDavid Blomstrom8 Oct
  • Re: Setting Up MySQL AdministratorJohn Meyer8 Oct