List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Blomstrom Date:October 7 2006 9:00pm
Subject:Moving Database from PC to Apple
View as plain text
I recently purchased a MacBook Pro laptop and hired someone to help me set up Apache, PHP
and MySQL on it. Now I want to import my database tables from my PC. So my main question
is this:

Is there a quick, simple of importing an entire database?

If not, I figured I'd simply export each database table as an SQL file on my PC, then
copy all the SQL files to my laptop's desktop and import them through phpMyAdmin one by
one.

Also, when I create a new database on my Mac, what should I choose for Collation - or
should I just leave it alone (presumably the default setting)?

The following default settings are already registered:

Language: English (en_utf_8)
MySQL Connection Collation: utf8_general_ci

Thanks.

Thread
Moving Database from PC to AppleDavid Blomstrom7 Oct
  • Re: Moving Database from PC to Applemos7 Oct
Re: Moving Database from PC to AppleDavid Blomstrom7 Oct
  • Re: Moving Database from PC to AppleDouglas Sims8 Oct
  • Re: Moving Database from PC to AppleChris Sansom8 Oct
Re: Moving Database from PC to AppleDavid Blomstrom8 Oct
Re: Moving Database from PC to AppleDavid Blomstrom8 Oct