List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 7 2006 7:14pm
Subject:Re: How to get the size of a row
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 07), abhishek jain said:
> I wanted to know the size of the data stored in a row of a table.
> I mean is there something like "select size from table where x..."

If you mean something similar to totaling up the sizes reported by
DUMP(field) in Oracle, no.  The best you can get is to refer to
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/storage-requirements.html, and
manually total up the field widths yourself.  For variable-length
fields, use LENGTH(field) when fetching the byte count.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped