List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Anderson Date:October 6 2006 12:28pm
Subject:Re: Replication
View as plain text
> --replicate-wild-do-table=db_name.tbl_name
> replicates only updates that use the specified table in the given
> database.  If any wild cald patterns specified, then match the
> specified database and table name patterns. Tells the slave thread to
> restrict replication to statements where any of the updated tables
> match the specified database and table name patterns.

I tried this, and it's not replicating.

> --replicate-wild-ignore-table=db_name.tbl_name
> Tells the slave thread not to replicate a statement where any table
> matches the given wildcard pattern.
>
> So to replicate only the merge_t table, try
> a)
>
> set-variable    = binlog-do-db=DatabaseB
> set-variable    = replicate-wild-do-table=DatabaseB.merge_t

Except that you can't replicate a MRG table.

> to replicate all the tables except  merge_t
>
> b)
> set-variable  = binlog-do-db=DatabaseB
> set-variable   = replicate-wild-do-table=DatabaseB.%
> set-variable  = replicate-wild-ignore-table=DatabaseB.merge_t
>
> Ref:  http://www.mysqlpress.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-options.html

Yes, this works, but as I said in my message, I don't want to replicate
all the tables, just one.

This DOESN'T work:

>> set-variable    = binlog-do-db=DatabaseB
>> set-variable    = replicate-do-table=DatabaseB.bar_t

Though it should.  I suspect that it's because of the MRG table, but I
don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

(I should note this is Mysql 4.1.22)

--

WANT TO MODEL FOR MAC & BUMBLE?  APPLY AT http://casting.macandbumble.com
  Eric Anderson         Mac and Bumble               Bumble Cash