List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Buettner Date:October 6 2006 12:43am
Subject:Re: startup in OS-X
View as plain text
Chris, what autostarts is likely the server, 'mysqld' (for mysql
daemon).  What you need to start to access the server is a client,
'mysql'.

What command are you issuing?  just mysql at the terminal prompt?
It seems odd I know, especially to long-time Mac users, but the
operating system may just not know where that program is.  You may
have to run something like /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql to access it.
Can you tell what the path to mysqld is?  It's very likely the same
path.

You can add that directory to your PATH environment variable in the
next exercise.  ;)

Dan