List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthias Pigulla Date:April 18 1999 1:26pm
Subject:temporary tables
View as plain text
Hi Monty, hi subscribers,

I wonder wheter anyone could explain me (or point me to the manual
section I haven't found by now) when temporary tables have to be created
when SELECTing from a table.

E.g., "SELECT text FROM table WHERE id < 10" won't need an internal temp
table, but "SELECT 1+1" would, right?

I hope I can gain some more performance when designing my database in a
way that can cope without temporary tables.

Matthias
--
   w e b f a c t o r y | matthias pigulla

      am wichelshof 10   fon 0228-9636949
      53111 bonn         fax 0228- 655656
      www.webfactory.de  mp@stripped
Thread
temporary tablesMatthias Pigulla18 Apr
  • temporary tablesMichael Widenius19 Apr