List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:October 2 2006 6:21am
Subject:Re: Running a Staging and Development DB on the same server?
View as plain text
Jay, mysqld_multi will do what you want, it's a tool to help you manage
two or more mysql daemons on the same host. You can either have the two
databases bind to different IPs or same IP and different ports.

To the other replies in this thread: why wouldn't you want to have
development databases on a different daemon? Issue one bad query on the
devel database and you take down your website...

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Jay Paulson wrote:

> I'm setting up our one server for staging and development.  I am need to set
> up MySQL to have 2 copies of the same database on the same server.  Could
> anyone direct me to some documentation or tell me how to do this?
>
> Thanks.

Thread
Running a Staging and Development DB on the same server?Jay Paulson29 Sep
  • Re: Running a Staging and Development DB on the same server?Philip Hallstrom29 Sep
  • Re: Running a Staging and Development DB on the same server?Gerald L. Clark29 Sep
  • Re: Running a Staging and Development DB on the same server?Atle Veka2 Oct