List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mark addison Date:September 29 2006 10:52am
Subject:Re: comparing two databases
View as plain text
On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 15:06 -0500, Steve Buehler wrote:
> Is there a program out there that I can use to compare two
> databases?  Just the structure, not the content.

SqlFairy (http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/) has a sqlt-diff tool that
will output the differences as a set of sql alter statements. Easiest
way to install on nix box is cpan: $ sudo cpan SQL::Translator).

mark
--

MARK ADDISON
WEB DEVELOPER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4678
E MARK.ADDISON@stripped
WWW.ITN.CO.UK
Please Note:

This email and any files attached are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual
or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster@stripped

Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our clients and
business,

Thank You.

Thread
comparing two databasesSteve Buehler28 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesDan Nelson28 Sep
    • Joining *3* tablesRenito 7330 Sep
      • Re: Joining *3* tablesAndré Hänsel30 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesCory Robin28 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesPeter Brawley28 Sep
    • RE: comparing two databasesAleksander Dye29 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesMartijn Tonies29 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesmark addison29 Sep
RE: comparing two databasesJohn Trammell28 Sep
RE: comparing two databasesAndrew Braithwaite29 Sep
Re: comparing two databasesSteve Buehler1 Oct