List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 28 2006 8:11pm
Subject:Re: comparing two databases
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 28), Steve Buehler said:
> Is there a program out there that I can use to compare two
> databases?  Just the structure, not the content.

How about something simple like:

 mysqldump -d db1 > db1.txt
 mysqldump -d db2 > db2.txt
 diff -u db1.txt db2.txt

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
comparing two databasesSteve Buehler28 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesDan Nelson28 Sep
    • Joining *3* tablesRenito 7330 Sep
      • Re: Joining *3* tablesAndré Hänsel30 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesCory Robin28 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesPeter Brawley28 Sep
    • RE: comparing two databasesAleksander Dye29 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesMartijn Tonies29 Sep
  • Re: comparing two databasesmark addison29 Sep
RE: comparing two databasesJohn Trammell28 Sep
RE: comparing two databasesAndrew Braithwaite29 Sep
Re: comparing two databasesSteve Buehler1 Oct