List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:September 28 2006 12:39pm
Subject:Re: Need to find last price and date product was sold
View as plain text
select product_code, max(date_sold), price_sold from trans group by
product_code order by product_code

"mos" <mos99@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
news:6.0.0.22.2.20060927230926.0353a8f8@ style="color:#666">stripped...
> This should be easy but I can't find a way of doing it in 1 step.
>
> I have a Trans table like:
>
> Product_Code: X(10)
> Date_Sold: Date
> Price_Sold: Float
>
> Now there will be 1 row for each Product_Code, Date combination. So over
> the past year a product_code could have over 300 rows, one row for each
> day it was sold. There are thousands of products.
>
> What I need to do is find the last price_sold for each product_code. Not
> all products are sold each day so a product might not have been sold for
> weeks.
>
> The only solution I've found is to do:
>
> drop table if exists CurrentPrices;
> create table CurrentPrices select Prod_Code, cast(max(Date_Sold) as
> Date), -1.0 Price_Sold from Trans group by Prod_Code;
> alter table CurrentPrices add index ix_ProdCode (Prod_Code);
> update CurrentPrices CP, Trans T set CP.Price_Sold=T.Price_Sold and
> T.Date_Sold=CP.Date_Sold;
>
> Is there a way to shorten this? It may take 2-3 minutes to execute. I
> don't really need a new table as long as I get the Prod_Code and the last
> Date_Sold.
>
> TIA
> Mike

Thread
Need to find last price and date product was soldmos28 Sep
  • Re: Need to find last price and date product was soldDouglas Sims28 Sep
  • Re: Need to find last price and date product was soldjoao28 Sep
    • Re: Need to find last price and date product was soldmos28 Sep
  • Re: Need to find last price and date product was soldJonathan Mangin28 Sep
  • Re: Need to find last price and date product was soldPeter Brawley28 Sep
    • Re: Need to find last price and date product was soldDouglas Sims28 Sep