List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Henda Carvalho Date:September 27 2006 11:00pm
Subject:Re: [mysql]Concurrency with inserts
View as plain text
One more question,

What kind of tables does mysql create by default? innodb or myisam?

Best regards
Henda

On 9/27/06, Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> wrote:

> In the last episode (Sep 27), Henda Carvalho said:
> > The links that you gave me doesn't say what is suposed to happen if 2
> > different users are trying to make an insert (using the insert
> > statement) to the same table.
> >
> > Will the transaction abort for one of the users?
>
> No; they will both proceed.  If you are using innodb tables, client A
> won't see the records inserted by client B until B commits (and vice
> versa).  If using myisam, each client will see the others' records
> immediately.
>
> --
>         Dan Nelson
>         dnelson@stripped

Thread
[mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho27 Sep
  • [mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho27 Sep
    • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsDan Nelson28 Sep
      • [mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho28 Sep
        • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsDan Nelson28 Sep
          • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho28 Sep
            • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsDan Nelson28 Sep
              • RE: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsJerry Schwartz28 Sep