List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Henda Carvalho Date:September 27 2006 10:31pm
Subject:[mysql]Concurrency with inserts
View as plain text
Hi there,

The links that you gave me doesn't say what is suposed to happen if 2
different users are trying to make
an insert (using the insert statement) to the same table.

Will the transaction abort for one of the users?

Best regards,
Henda

On 9/27/06, Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> wrote:

> In the last episode (Sep 27), Henda Carvalho said:
> > Can somebody please tell me what is the behaviour of mysql when 2
> > different users are trying to make an insert to the same table.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/table-locking.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/concurrent-inserts.html
>
> --
>         Dan Nelson
>         dnelson@stripped

Thread
[mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho27 Sep
  • [mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho27 Sep
    • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsDan Nelson28 Sep
      • [mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho28 Sep
        • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsDan Nelson28 Sep
          • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsHenda Carvalho28 Sep
            • Re: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsDan Nelson28 Sep
              • RE: [mysql]Concurrency with insertsJerry Schwartz28 Sep