List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ow Mun Heng Date:September 25 2006 10:05am
Subject:RE: adding columns to a large table
View as plain text
On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 15:27 +0530, Mugunthan SIFY wrote:
> If you have enough disk space, create a temporary table with the four new
> columns. Insert into this table selecting records from the original table.
> Finally rename the tables.

isn't this resource intensive?
Then again, since the OP did already wait 24 hours, that must've loaded
the server as well.

> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> S.Mugunthan

Thread
SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry18 Sep
  • AW: SUM in WHEREAndré Hänsel18 Sep
    • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry18 Sep
  • Re: SUM in WHEREEdward Macnaghten18 Sep
    • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry19 Sep
      • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry19 Sep
        • RE: SUM in WHERERandall Price19 Sep
          • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry19 Sep
  • Re: SUM in WHEREFelix Geerinckx21 Sep
    • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry24 Sep
RE: SUM in WHEREQuentin Bennett19 Sep
  • Re: SUM in WHEREDouglas Sims20 Sep
    • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry24 Sep
      • Re: SUM in WHEREDouglas Sims24 Sep
        • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry24 Sep
          • Re: SUM in WHEREDouglas Sims25 Sep
            • Re: SUM in WHEREAhmad Al-Twaijiry25 Sep
              • Re: SUM in WHEREPeter Brawley25 Sep
  • adding columns to a large tableHelen M Hudson25 Sep
    • Re: adding columns to a large tableEhrwin Mina25 Sep
      • RE: adding columns to a large tableMugunthan SIFY25 Sep
        • RE: adding columns to a large tableOw Mun Heng25 Sep
    • Re: adding columns to a large tablepraj25 Sep
  • Re: adding columns to a large tableHelen M Hudson25 Sep