List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Buettner Date:September 22 2006 7:23pm
Subject:Re: auto_increment field start value
View as plain text
David - there's some info in the online docs here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/example-auto-increment.html
Specifically:

To start with an AUTO_INCREMENT value other than 1, you can set that
value with CREATE TABLE or ALTER TABLE, like this:

mysql> ALTER TABLE tbl AUTO_INCREMENT = 100;

HTH,
Dan