List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Pipes Date:September 22 2006 5:43pm
Subject:Re: MIT Kerberos integration with MySQL
View as plain text
Hi!

Please see the Forge wiki and provide comments at the end of the technical
specification for pluggable authentication and authorization.  Thanks!

Jay

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/PluggableAuthenticationSupport
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/PluggableAuthorizationSupport

On Friday 22 September 2006 12:45, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Sep 22), Whisler, David said:
> > Does anyone know if MySQL currently integrates with MIT Kerberos
> > authentication (http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/)
> > <http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/> .  And if not, are they working on
> > this for a future release?  MIT Kerberos has broad use in government,
> > academic and research institutions as well as some corporate
> > environments.  In addition, Microsoft has implemented it's own
> > version of Kerberos.  And Oracle integrates with it, which enables us
> > to have "single-sign on" for our Oracle Database applications once we
> > have logged into our network, but we'd like to have this same
> > function available for our MySQL databases as well.
>
> There's already a "Permit authentification outside of mysql" bug report
> filed:
>
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4703
>
> Must be pretty far down on the todo list, though..
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@stripped
Thread
MIT Kerberos integration with MySQLDavid Whisler22 Sep
  • Re: MIT Kerberos integration with MySQLDan Nelson22 Sep
    • Re: MIT Kerberos integration with MySQLJay Pipes22 Sep