List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 15 2006 9:13am
Subject:Re: How to sort last n entries?
View as plain text
> > At 10:41 +0200 15/9/06, Dominik Klein wrote:
> >> I have a table with primary key "id". Another field is "date". Now I
> >> want the last n entries, sorted by "date".
> >>
> >> Is this possible in one SQL statement?
> >
> > ORDER BY `date` DESC LIMIT n
> >

> Last n entries means I want the last (highest) n ids. And that result
> sorted by date.

ORDER BY `id` DESC, `date` ASC LIMIT n

I think :-)

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
How to sort last n entries?Dominik Klein15 Sep
  • Re: How to sort last n entries?Chris Sansom15 Sep
    • Re: How to sort last n entries?Dominik Klein15 Sep
  • Re: How to sort last n entries?Martijn Tonies15 Sep
  • RE: How to sort last n entries?Peter Lauri15 Sep
RE: How to sort last n entries?Peter Lauri15 Sep
Re: How to sort last n entries?Dominik Klein15 Sep
  • RE: How to sort last n entries?Peter Lauri15 Sep
  • RE: How to sort last n entries?Peter Lauri15 Sep
Re: How to sort last n entries?Brent Baisley15 Sep