List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Eaton Date:September 7 2006 4:58pm
Subject:MySQL 3.23 bind-address
View as plain text
I have a legacy app that only supports MySQL 3.23.  I'd like to run it
along with 5.0.24a on a Windows 2000 server, with each instance using the
standard port 3306.  So I need to have each instance bound to just one IP
address.

In MySQL 3.23 can you specify a bind-address in the my.ini file, or can it
only be specified using the command line option --bind-address=IP?  I can
only find documentation for the command-line option.  If it _can_ be
designated in the ini file, which form does it take?

[mysqld]
set-variable = bind-address=192.168.3.8

or

[mysqld]