List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<unknown Date:April 18 1999 9:50am
Subject:Re: constant database corruption
View as plain text
Hmm... which characters would those be?  Seems like a weird kinda
solution...

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Van wrote:

> unknown@stripped wrote:
> >
> > every single day, I end up with this:
> >
> > Checking ISAM file: outhits
> > Data records:   10604   Deleted blocks:   18049
> > - check file-size
> > - check delete-chain
> > isamchk: error: delete-link-chain corrupted
> > - check index reference
> > - check data record references index: 1
> > isamchk: error: Found key at page 22528 that points to record outside
> > datafile
> > ISAM-table 'outhits' is corrupted
> > Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"
> >
> > I'm not sure what the cause is.  It wasn't happening before -- now it's
> > *ever* day.  Any ideas?  I'm using 3.22.20a, but it was also happening on
> > 3.22.13 before I upgraded (in a vain attempt to fix it).
> >
> > ---
> > tani hosokawa
> > river styx internet
> Tani,
> I was having this problem on 3.21.16 for a couple months, and realized
> it was part of my php/insert programming.  You might want to look at
> what you're pitching into your dbase first.  I changed the programming
> of the insert to escape certain characters, and, it helped.  Just a
> thought.  Wouldn't dwell on it greatly, but, it seems like there's a
> similarity here.  Constantly corrupted tables.   Had to kill the mysqld
> to even get at the database.  If this is happening, might be a clue.
> Van
> Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com

constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • Re: constant database corruptionVan18 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • constant database corruptionMichael Widenius18 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionPaul DuBois18 Apr
      • Re: constant database corruptionBarry20 Apr
        • RE: constant database corruptionBill Gerrard20 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
      • Re: constant database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr