List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 7 2006 5:18am
Subject:Re: problem with InnoDB
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 07), prasad.ramisetti@stripped said:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for yur response. Does it makes sense to create an index on a
> primary key ..as that is my smallest field ?

It might, because in an InnoDB table, your primary index also holds
your row data.  So it's actually your largest index.  A full scan of a
secondary index on your primary key may very well run faster than a
scan of the primary index itself, for the purposes of "SELECT
COUNT(*)".  Best way to find out is to try it :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
    • Re: problem with InnoDBDouglas Sims7 Sep
RE: problem with InnoDBprasad.ramisetti7 Sep
  • Re: problem with InnoDBJochem van Dieten7 Sep
RE: problem with InnoDBprasad.ramisetti7 Sep
  • Re: problem with InnoDBPaul McCullagh7 Sep
    • Re: problem with InnoDBGabriel PREDA10 Sep