List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wai-Sun Chia Date:September 4 2006 11:43am
Subject:Re: CentOS 4.3 - MySQL - NIS user issue
View as plain text
On 8/31/06, Tom Brown <tom@stripped> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have what i think is a strange issue -

<snip>
> now when a NIS user tries to use the db
>
> [root@xxxx]# su - bugzilla
> bugzilla@xxxx$ mysql -u bugs -pxxxx bugs
> ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)
>
> any ideas why this is or what i can do to make it work?

Do your NIS users mount only their HOME directories from the NIS/MySQL server?
If so, obviously the /var partition on the MySQL server wouldn't be
available to them, right?

To confirm:
1. Log in as a NIS user
2. su to root
3. Check out ls -l /var/lib/mysql/

<snip>
Thread
CentOS 4.3 - MySQL - NIS user issueTom Brown31 Aug
  • Re: CentOS 4.3 - MySQL - NIS user issueDan Nelson31 Aug
  • Re: CentOS 4.3 - MySQL - NIS user issueWai-Sun Chia4 Sep