List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:abhishek jain Date:September 4 2006 9:29am
Subject:How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategories
View as plain text
Hi,
I have a table structure like :
ID , NAME, PARENT_ID
1 , Top , 0
2 , Level 1 , 1
3 , Level 2 ,2
4 , Another Top , 0

and so on.
I wanted to know the topmost cat. if i have the lowest category id ie. 3 in
this case.
I wanted to get like 3->2->1
Pl. help me , cn i do this in one query, also i do not know how many
sublevels are there,
Thanks,
Abhishek jain

Thread
How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategoriesabhishek jain4 Sep
  • Re: How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategoriesjoao4 Sep
    • RE: How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategoriesPeter Lauri4 Sep
  • RE: How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategoriesPeter Lauri4 Sep
  • Re: How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategoriesjoao13 Sep
Re: How to find the top most member in a hierarchy of subcategoriesRenato Golin4 Sep