List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:August 30 2006 9:54pm
Subject:Mass E-mail Options
View as plain text
Again, I know this is not necessarily a MySQL specific question, and sorry
for getting off target, but this is a pretty smart and experienced bunch,
and I'm sure that someone out there will be able to help me.

We have a web application in which we have a mass e-mail function.  It
allows the user to compose a simple text-only e-mail and send to everyone in
our database (MySQL).  Problem is that our e-mail server seems to be getting
overloaded, and it just shuts down, causing an error.  We're using ArgoSoft
Mail server, which works very well for our normal needs.  We do not want to
change to Microsoft's Exchange Server.  I hear it's expensive, and difficult
to set up and get working properly.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternative mass e-mail options.  I
don't want to use servers that spammers use, because first, and foremost,
this is NOT spam, and second, some recipients may have these servers black
listed.  What other alternatives are there?

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
Mass E-mail OptionsJesse30 Aug
  • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsPhilip Hallstrom31 Aug
  • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsScott Haneda31 Aug
    • Re: Mass E-mail Options(PSE - Listserv account)31 Aug
      • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsScott Haneda31 Aug
        • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsJesse31 Aug
      • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsPhilip Hallstrom31 Aug
        • Re: Mass E-mail Options(PSE - Listserv account)31 Aug
    • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsJesse31 Aug
  • RE: Mass E-mail Optionsmysql31 Aug
  • Re: Mass E-mail OptionsJesse31 Aug