List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:August 30 2006 9:32pm
Subject:Re: Group By question
View as plain text
Chris,

/>I would like to query all rows that have more
 >than one person with the same email address. /

select id,count(emailaddr) as howmany
from tbl t1 join tbl t2 using(emailaddr)
group by id
having howmany>1;

PB

-----

Chris W wrote:
> I have a table of people with one of the fields being the email
> address.  I would like to query all rows that have more than one
> person with the same email address.   For example if the data were
> like this...
>
> A 123@stripped
> B 456@stripped
> C 984@stripped
> D 123@stripped
> E 456@stripped
> F 321@stripped
>
> The query would return row A, D, B, and E,  in that order.  It would
> not return C or F

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/433 - Release Date: 8/30/2006
Thread
Group By questionChris W30 Aug
  • Re: Group By questionPeter Brawley30 Aug
  • Re: Group By questionVisolve DB TEAM31 Aug
  • Re: Group By questionmizioumt31 Aug
  • changing datadirHelen M Hudson4 Sep