List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martins Date:August 27 2006 6:44pm
Subject:Re: Server-Crash - What to do?
View as plain text
At first - do not write anything on the corrupted disk until You have
finished rescuing data. As I understad the crash is connected to HW or
filesystem (FS) failure (HDD). In that case try to use fsck to repair FS
(if it is regular linux FS, like ext2 or ext3, for xfs there were some
other utils), do not use myisamchk at first. If Your data is really
valuable I would recommend bit-by-bit copy of disk content to similar
disk using dd, then try to restore data on that disk (the copy). If You
make some mistakes or something goes wrong (on copy), You will still
have source disk to start over again (with bit by bit copy). After You
have done rescuing FS, use myisamchk on rescued tables.

Martins

Karel W. Dingeldey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday my server crashed. The harddisk got corrupted, including some MySQL
> table files. So MySQL can't see some of its tables, although the table files
> are visible on the filesystem. Is it possible to repair the files? It's a
> MySQL 4.1 (Debian Sarge).
> From one table I only have the MYD file. The documentation says, that this is
> the file with the data in it. I hope it's possible to reconstruct this table,
> too?!
>
> Thanks,
> Karel W. Dingeldey
>
> PS: I already tried with "myisamchk -r -o *.MY*", but then all datasets are
> gone and the table is empty. :-(

Thread
Server-Crash - What to do?Karel W. Dingeldey27 Aug
  • Re: Server-Crash - What to do?Martins27 Aug
    • Re: Server-Crash - What to do?Karel W. Dingeldey28 Aug
      • Re: Server-Crash - What to do?Ludwig Pummer28 Aug
  • Re: Server-Crash - What to do?Chris Knipe27 Aug
  • Re: Server-Crash - What to do?Chris Knipe28 Aug
Re: Server-Crash - What to do?Karel W. Dingeldey27 Aug