List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karl Larsen Date:August 26 2006 8:18pm
Subject:How a VIEW is stored
View as plain text
    I was working with my version 5 and made a couple of views which are
very useful. Looking in the db I was able to see the VIEW's saved as
TABLE :-)

    This was a surprise and not sure if this is the expected result or
not. Then I did some SELECT that involved the VIEW and it does work a
lot like another TABLE, but it can and mine does take data from many
TABLE's into a VIEW.

    You can write a SELECT or even another VIEW using a VIEW. But if you
keep track of the time used by a query, it starts to get too long if
you  use a SELECT of a VIEW that has within it another VIEW.

Karl Larsen

Thread
How a VIEW is storedKarl Larsen26 Aug
  • Re: How a VIEW is storedDan Nelson27 Aug