List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Isabelle Poueriet Date:April 18 1999 7:20am
Subject:Re: FAQ vs Manual
View as plain text
I am new to MySQL but I have a lot of work to do with it from now on.
Soon, I'll be an expert.  It would be my pleasure to serve as a volunteer
in the near future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Isabelle Poueriet   |
| bella@stripped      |
| http://www.bway.net |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Paul DuBois wrote:

> I've been reading with interest the thread about a MySQL FAQ (which has
> now branched out to the MySQL documentation in general).  It's always good
> to see ideas about improving the documentation.  However, I'd like to make
> a single point:
>
>     Someome has to do the work.
>
> Thus far, there have been a number of suggestions about what to do (some
> quite grandiose and far-reaching), but, with the exception of two people
> who are apparently collecting questions to put into a FAQ, has anyone
> volunteered to put some hours into working on the documentation?  I don't
> mean to discourage anyone from coming up with ideas -- far from it, keep
> them coming.  But (and this applies especially to schemes for extensive
> reorganization complete with lots of cross-referencing and so forth) I
> wonder: are you willing to do the work to make it happen?  If not, why
> do you think anyone else would be?  Also, if you think Monty, et al. should
> do it, I personally would prefer to have them working on code to make
> MySQL better, not spending all their time documenting.  (This is not to
> minimize the importance of documentation, but someone has to write the
> code, and that's what they're already doing and -- I suspect -- prefer
> to keep on doing.)
>
> Again, I'm not criticizing ideas, just pointing out that it takes more
> than ideas for documentation to improve.
>
> --
> Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
> Northern League Chronicles: http://www.snake.net/nl/

How to switch users.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
  • Re: Problem connecting to db in MySql from Java codeDavid Halsted15 Sep
Re: How to switch users.Fred Lindberg9 Apr
  • RE: How to switch users.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
RE: How to switch users.Fred Lindberg9 Apr
  • Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
    • RE: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Jay Miller9 Apr
      • RE: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
        • Re: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Thimble Smith9 Apr
Re: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Fred Lindberg9 Apr
  • FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)S. Whitmore10 Apr
Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Lindberg10 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Michael Widenius11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs ManualPeter F. Brown11 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs Manualjonathan michaels11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)kalle volkov11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Steve Edberg11 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs ManualPaul DuBois11 Apr
        • Re: FAQ vs ManualIsabelle Poueriet18 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualEd Carp11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs ManualPaul DuBois11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manualjonathan michaels12 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs ManualPaul DuBois12 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualEd Carp11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualEd Carp12 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs ManualIsabelle Poueriet18 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualFred Read12 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manualjonathan michaels13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Read12 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Isabelle Poueriet18 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualRichard Reina13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualFred Read13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp13 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Vivek Khera14 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Read13 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Micheal Mc Evoy13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp14 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)jonathan michaels15 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Darrell Shifflett15 Apr
Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Lindberg12 Apr
  • More about my FAQ...S. Whitmore13 Apr
    • Re: More about my FAQ...Fred Read13 Apr
    • Re: More about my FAQ...Ed Carp13 Apr
Re: FAQ vs Manualluuk13 Apr