List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 2 1999 5:56pm
Subject:Re: How-to insert BLOB with INSERT Statements
View as plain text
At 5:51 PM +0100 12/2/99, Tobias Bulla wrote:
>Hi all...
>
>I have a problem with blob fields. My Provider has several security
>restrictions for his MySQL server. My only way to interact with my
>database on this server is through the use of PHP3 script on my
>webspace on his server. Now the problem: I want to upload a blob
>field wich contains a gif picture. The LOAD DATA INTO FILE Statement
>doesn't work. I think this is another restriction of my provider. I
>tried it with the following Statement:
>
>INSERT IGNORE INTO table_name VALUES ( value_list )
>
>The value_list contains several data, each enclosed by ' and
>seperated by , . The gif, one of the data fields contains several
>special character, wich are misinterpreted by MySQL. I have replaced
>any ' sign with \' , but there seem to be some more special signs.
>Is there any other way to upload a gif into the database through the
>use of SQL Commands?

Sure.  Try encoding each value to be inserted with htmlentities()
first.  You should
be doing this anyway for queries that you construct in a PHP script.  Note that
you still need to add the quotes around the column values.
htmlentities() doesn't
do it for you, unlike the DBI quote() method.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread