List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Jespersen Date:August 2 2006 11:01pm
Subject:Re: FULL TEXT SEARCH ALTERNATIVES...
View as plain text
You can tune the fulltext search in a few ways using the config, try
read up on the various server variables that has to do with fulltext
indexing. Other than that there is always the option of upgrading the
hardware :)

avrombay@stripped wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm getting a lot of pushback on using mysql for full-text searching on over
> 30,000,000 documents. It's starting to slow down when using more than 10-15 keywords. Is
> there an alternative anyone is using?
>
> I don't want to replace the database, but I do need to speed up the keyword search.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
>
> -- Avi
Thread
logic/db questionbruce2 Aug
  • Re: logic/db questionPeter Brawley2 Aug
    • RE: logic/db questionbruce2 Aug
      • Re: logic/db questionPeter Brawley2 Aug
      • FULL TEXT SEARCH ALTERNATIVES...avrombay3 Aug
        • Re: FULL TEXT SEARCH ALTERNATIVES...Martin Jespersen3 Aug
        • Re: FULL TEXT SEARCH ALTERNATIVES...mos3 Aug