List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:August 2 2006 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Version 5.1.6-alpha-log unexpected total crash MORE DETAILS
View as plain text
MySQL,

After thinking hard on the subject, I realise the server in question was
running a data set from an InnoDB HotBackup.  (Which is on trial so I
have no support.)

The source machine is a PowerPC IBM.  The crashing server is an Intel
Pentium.  The difference being that one is big-endian, the other
little-endium.  So some RI reference in the InnoDB table space might be
garbage on the Pentium server.

Might this explain the crash?

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

Ben

Ben Clewett wrote:
> Dear MySQL,
>
> I am getting an unexpected crash in MySQL 5.1.6, with nothing written to
> the log.
>
> This happens with InnoDB tables and an Foreign Key error.
>
> Tables are something like:
>
> CREATE TABLE tax (
>   `type` varchar(8) NOT NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`type`)
> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
>
> CREATE TABLE `service` (
>   `service_code` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',
>   `country_code` varchar(3) NOT NULL default 'GBR',
>   `tax_type` varchar(8) default NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`service_code`,`country_code`),
>   KEY `tax_type` (`tax_type`),
>   CONSTRAINT `service_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`tax_type`) REFERENCES `tax`
> (`type`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
>
> Then the query:
>
> UPDATE service SET tax = '' WHERE ......
>
> This should say 'Foreign Key Error' (or similar).
>
> What I get is:
>
> 'Unable to execute Query. SQL Error (2013) Lost connection to MySQL
> server during query'
>
> After which MySQL needs restarting.
>
> I have executed the usual 'CHECK TABLE tax EXTENDED' and alike, which
> results no errors.
>
> Obviously this is quite worrying.  Can any expert on InnoDB Referential
> Integrity offer any clues?
>

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Ben Clewett.

Thread
Version 5.1.6-alpha-log unexpected total crashBen Clewett2 Aug
  • Re: Version 5.1.6-alpha-log unexpected total crash MORE DETAILSBen Clewett2 Aug