List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:August 2 2006 2:55pm
Subject:Version 5.1.6-alpha-log unexpected total crash
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

I am getting an unexpected crash in MySQL 5.1.6, with nothing written to
the log.

This happens with InnoDB tables and an Foreign Key error.

Tables are something like:

CREATE TABLE tax (
   `type` varchar(8) NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY  (`type`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

CREATE TABLE `service` (
   `service_code` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',
   `country_code` varchar(3) NOT NULL default 'GBR',
   `tax_type` varchar(8) default NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY  (`service_code`,`country_code`),
   KEY `tax_type` (`tax_type`),
   CONSTRAINT `service_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`tax_type`) REFERENCES `tax`
(`type`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Then the query:

UPDATE service SET tax = '' WHERE ......

This should say 'Foreign Key Error' (or similar).

What I get is:

'Unable to execute Query. SQL Error (2013) Lost connection to MySQL
server during query'

After which MySQL needs restarting.

I have executed the usual 'CHECK TABLE tax EXTENDED' and alike, which
results no errors.

Obviously this is quite worrying.  Can any expert on InnoDB Referential
Integrity offer any clues?

Thanks for your help,

Ben Clewett.

Thread
Version 5.1.6-alpha-log unexpected total crashBen Clewett2 Aug
  • Re: Version 5.1.6-alpha-log unexpected total crash MORE DETAILSBen Clewett2 Aug