List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dominik Klein Date:August 2 2006 2:16pm
Subject:Re: Mysql 5: Error 1130: host X is not allowed to connect to this
mysql ....
View as plain text
Simo Sentissi schrieb:
> Hello there
>
> I just finished installing mysql 5 on my linux server and I reset the root password
> as an initial post-install setting.
> now that i try to connnect from other machines in the network I always get a message
> similar to the following:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\msentissi>mysql -u root -h 192.168.3.60
> ERROR 1130 (00000): Host '192.168.3.10' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
> server
>
> I looked for the my.cnf file and it is nowhere to be found ? some guidance please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Simo Sentissi
> Collaboration Networks
> 406-579-8256

The password you changed only gives you local access.

Log in to your linux server via SSH or directly at the machine. Then log
in to mysql as root with your given password (mysql -u root -p).
Then execute something like this:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO msentissi@"192.168.3.10" identified by
"yourpassword";

This will allow you to login from your Windows machine. You may also
want to add "with grant option" to the line above, which will give you
full administrator privileges on the mysql server.

Regards
Dominik
Thread
Mysql 5: Error 1130: host X is not allowed to connect to this mysql....Simo Sentissi2 Aug
  • Re: Mysql 5: Error 1130: host X is not allowed to connect to thismysql ....Dominik Klein2 Aug