List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 18 1999 5:12am
Subject:Re: ERes for Linux (fwd)
View as plain text
Christopher L Lott wrote:

> I've included a snippet of a conversation I am having with a software
> company that is basically discontinuing their Linux product in favor of
> NT-- one of the primary reasons being that there is, according to him, no
> good SQL database app for Linux, as well as no good scripting languages.
> Nothing up to the standards of ASP and SQL Server that is.

Chris:

I consider this a great insult to the entire MySQL community. If MySQL
is buggy, so is Oracle and other very commercal databases, but with
MySQL you at least have the source you can patch if a certain bug stalls
your development. The support is great, even when you do not pay for it.
Many people run mission-critical 24/7 applications with MySQL behind it.
Our company has used MySQL for the last year, although for a rather
small database, and we have not had any problems with it. Tell this to
this Mister xxxx and invite him to join the list, so that he could be
more informed.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com