List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lee Goddard Date:July 31 2006 6:54pm
Subject:Finding the closest value
View as plain text
Is there an efficient way to find the closest numerical value, across
three columns? I do not know if there is a way to find it across one.

I thought about plotting the values in a geometric space, but that would
seem to require more dimensions that the server can handle. I thought
about using a Kohonen network, but I would prefer to use MySQL.

Many thanks in anticipation
Lee
Thread
Finding the closest valueLee Goddard31 Jul
  • Re: Finding the closest valuePeter Brawley31 Jul
    • Re: Finding the closest valueLee Goddard3 Aug
      • Re: Finding the closest valuePeter Brawley4 Aug