List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris White Date:July 31 2006 2:57pm
Subject:Re: SQL Plus (oracle) and SQL (mysql)
View as plain text
On Monday 31 July 2006 06:26 am, Phong Nguyen wrote:
> My question is if we decide to switch server 1 to
> server 2 (oracle database to mysql) or server 2 to
> server1 (mysql to oracle). Then, what happen to
> sqlplus (oracle) and sql (mysql) using with
> application. You can say what are # between sqlplus
> (oracle) and sql (mysql)

If you change servers it should be as simple as changing connection strings
(ie. what host).  Not sure if that quite answers your question.

Chris White
PHP Programmer/DBranded
SQL Plus (oracle) and SQL (mysql)Phong Nguyen31 Jul
  • Re: SQL Plus (oracle) and SQL (mysql)Chris White31 Jul
  • Re: SQL Plus (oracle) and SQL (mysql)Josh Trutwin31 Jul