List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Harvard Date:July 29 2006 8:51am
Subject:Re: MySQL lock tables - bug or not?
View as plain text
Thanks for your reply. I repeated your test with the same results on 4.1.21 (database in
question is on 4.1). I'll give the ISP another kick and see what they have to say.

So there's no other reason why an ISP might not want to grant LOCK TABLES in a shared
hosting environment?

Thanks,
James

>I am not aware of any such bug related to the LOCK TABLES privilege. Like you I could
> not find a mention in our bugs database, for any version.
>
>It is easy to demonstrate that this is not the case. If permissions are properly set
> up, LOCK TABLES can be restricted to a database just like every other priv (makes sense,
> of course!).
Thread
MySQL lock tables - bug or not?James Harvard28 Jul
  • Re: MySQL lock tables - bug or not?Eric Braswell28 Jul
    • Re: MySQL lock tables - bug or not?James Harvard30 Jul