List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:July 30 2006 3:51pm
Subject:Re: Stored procedures
View as plain text
/>I'm trying to make stored procedures use parameters for limit and
tables, I
 >guess this is either me using the wrong datatype or it's not
possible.  I'm
 >having the same issue with seting the table for the query:
/
SET @sql = CONCAT( 'select * from some_table limit ', some_limit );
PREPARE stmt FROM @sql
etc.

PB

-----

Devananda wrote:
> Jon wrote:
>> Hi list
>>
>> I'm trying to make stored procedures use parameters for limit and
>> tables, I
>> guess this is either me using the wrong datatype or it's not
>> possible.  I'm
>> having the same issue with seting the table for the query:
>>
>> CREATE  PROCEDURE sp_test1 (IN some_limit int)
>> select * from some_table limit some_limit;
>>
>> and
>> CREATE  PROCEDURE sp_test2 (IN some_table table)
>> select * from some_table;
>>

>> Both fail with "ERROR 1064 (42000)".
>>
>> Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Is this a problem
>> with
>> procedures not being able to do this or is it wrong datatypes or
>> something
>> completely different?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Jon
>>

> It sounds like what you need is dynamic SQL in your stored procedures.
> Check out http://forge.mysql.com/snippets/view.php?id=13 for some good
> examples, more complex than what you're asking about, but they should
> shed light on what you need to do.
>

> Regards,
> Devananda

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/403 - Release Date: 7/28/2006
Thread
Stored proceduresJon25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresVisolve DB Team25 Jul
    • Re: Stored proceduresJon25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresChris White25 Jul
    • Re: Stored proceduresJon Molin25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresDevananda30 Jul
    • Re: Stored proceduresPeter Brawley30 Jul
      • Re: Stored proceduresJon31 Jul
RE: Stored proceduresDan Burke25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresJon25 Jul
RE: Stored proceduresDan Burke26 Jul