List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:July 29 2006 8:57pm
Subject:Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jul 29), Jochem van Dieten said:
> On 7/28/06, Dan Nelson wrote:
> >In the last episode (Jul 28), leo huang said:
> >>So,  the deleted rows' disk space in tablespace can't re-use when I
> >>use Innodb, can it? And the tablespace is growing when we update
> >>the tables, even the amount of rows do not increase.
> >
> >It can be re-used after the transaction has been committed
>
> After all transactions that were started before the transaction that
> did the delete committed have either been committed or rolled back.

Ouch.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang24 Jul
Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?dilipkumar_parikh24 Jul
  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris26 Jul
      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
        • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris27 Jul
          • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
            • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris28 Jul
              • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
                • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson28 Jul
                  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Jochem van Dieten29 Jul
                    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson29 Jul
                      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang1 Aug