List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochem van Dieten Date:July 29 2006 2:08pm
Subject:Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?
View as plain text
On 7/28/06, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jul 28), leo huang said:
>>
>> So,  the deleted rows' disk space in tablespace can't re-use when I
>> use Innodb, can it? And the tablespace is growing when we update the
>> tables, even the amount of rows do not increase.
>
> It can be re-used after the transaction has been committed

After all transactions that were started before the transaction that
did the delete committed have either been committed or rolled back.

Jochem
Thread
Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang24 Jul
Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?dilipkumar_parikh24 Jul
  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris26 Jul
      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
        • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris27 Jul
          • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
            • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris28 Jul
              • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
                • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson28 Jul
                  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Jochem van Dieten29 Jul
                    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson29 Jul
                      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang1 Aug