List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:April 18 1999 4:24am
Subject:Re: constant database corruption
View as plain text
unknown@stripped wrote:

> every single day, I end up with this:
>
> Checking ISAM file: outhits
> Data records:   10604   Deleted blocks:   18049
> - check file-size
> - check delete-chain
> isamchk: error: delete-link-chain corrupted
> - check index reference
> - check data record references index: 1
> isamchk: error: Found key at page 22528 that points to record outside
> datafile
> ISAM-table 'outhits' is corrupted
> Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"
>
> I'm not sure what the cause is.  It wasn't happening before -- now it's
> *ever* day.  Any ideas?  I'm using 3.22.20a, but it was also happening on
> 3.22.13 before I upgraded (in a vain attempt to fix it).
>
> ---
> tani hosokawa
> river styx internet
Tani,
I was having this problem on 3.21.16 for a couple months, and realized
it was part of my php/insert programming.  You might want to look at
what you're pitching into your dbase first.  I changed the programming
of the insert to escape certain characters, and, it helped.  Just a
thought.  Wouldn't dwell on it greatly, but, it seems like there's a
similarity here.  Constantly corrupted tables.   Had to kill the mysqld
to even get at the database.  If this is happening, might be a clue.
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • Re: constant database corruptionVan18 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • constant database corruptionMichael Widenius18 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionPaul DuBois18 Apr
      • Re: constant database corruptionBarry20 Apr
        • RE: constant database corruptionBill Gerrard20 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
      • Re: constant database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr