List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leo huang Date:July 28 2006 7:56am
Subject:Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?
View as plain text
hi, Chris

>I'm sure it will, what makes you think it won't?
Because some paper say that when the row is deleted or update, Innodb
just make a mark that the row is deleted and it didn't delete the
rows. I can't find more information about the re-use tablespace. Can
you give me more?

Regards,
Leo Huang

2006/7/27, Chris <dmagick@stripped>:
> leo huang wrote:
> > hi, Chris
> >
> > Thank you for your advice!
> >
> > I know that Innodb use the logfiles circularly. Can Innodb re-use  the
> > deleted rows' disk space in tablespace?
>
> I'm sure it will, what makes you think it won't?
>
> You might need an 'optimize table' or something to see a reduction in
> the on disk file size but mysql will reclaim that space as it needs to.

Thread
Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang24 Jul
Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?dilipkumar_parikh24 Jul
  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris26 Jul
      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
        • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris27 Jul
          • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
            • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris28 Jul
              • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
                • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson28 Jul
                  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Jochem van Dieten29 Jul
                    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson29 Jul
                      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang1 Aug