List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leo huang Date:July 26 2006 8:45am
Subject:Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?
View as plain text
hi, Chris

Thank you for your advice!

I know that Innodb use the logfiles circularly. Can Innodb re-use  the
deleted rows' disk space in tablespace?

Regards,
Leo Huang

2006/7/26, Chris <dmagick@stripped>:
> leo huang wrote:
> > hi, Dilipkumar
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > I think I know the fact: The Innodb can't reuse the deleted rows' disk
> > space. And a solution is: dump the data; shutdown mysql; delete the
> > files; restart mysql; import the data.
>
> InnoDB does re-use the space inside the database, it's the logfiles that
> are growing. The logs are needed in case you need to replay transactions.
>

> I suggest you read this page:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-and-removing.html
>
> and this page:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-parameters.html
>
> Specify 2-3 entries in the innodb_data_file_path and mysql should (if
> I'm reading it properly) rotate between the files and keep size under
> control.

Thread
Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang24 Jul
Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?dilipkumar_parikh24 Jul
  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris26 Jul
      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
        • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris27 Jul
          • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
            • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris28 Jul
              • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
                • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson28 Jul
                  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Jochem van Dieten29 Jul
                    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson29 Jul
                      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang1 Aug