List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leo huang Date:July 26 2006 2:47am
Subject:Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?
View as plain text
hi, Dilipkumar

Thank you very much!

I think I know the fact: The Innodb can't reuse the deleted rows' disk
space. And a solution is: dump the data; shutdown mysql; delete the
files; restart mysql; import the data.

Regards,
Leo Huang

2006/7/24, dilipkumar_parikh@stripped <dilipkumar_parikh@stripped>:
> Hi,
>
> Try using the optimize table tablename ,but this will keep the data accordingly,but
> really if it is  a disk space constraint you can go with re-org process in which you will
> have to get a down time for mysql db.Process is something like .
> Dump all the Innodb tables drop the existing innodb tables  and shutdown mysql, clear
> the Innodb log-space as ibdata1 & indata2 & iblogfile0 & iblogfile1 and also
> the redo logs of the innodb.
> Then start the mysql this will create innodb logs 1 & innodb2 as what u have
> mentioned in ur cnf file and import the dump .
> In this case u can able to reduce the space usage of innodb.
> Try this it might help u out.
>

> With Regards
> Dilipkumar
>

>  leo.huang.list@stripped:
>
> > Hi, all
> >
> >       I know the Innodb use MVCC to achieve very high concurrency. Can
> > Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space? I have an database which
> > have many update operation. If Innodb can\'t reuse the space of deleted
> > rows, I worry about that MySQL will exhaust our disk space very
> > quickly.
> >
> >       Any recommend will be welcome!
> >

> > Regards,
> > Leo Huang
> >
> > --

Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang24 Jul
Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?dilipkumar_parikh24 Jul
  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris26 Jul
      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
        • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris27 Jul
          • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
            • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris28 Jul
              • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
                • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson28 Jul
                  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Jochem van Dieten29 Jul
                    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson29 Jul
                      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang1 Aug