List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:L P Date:July 25 2006 10:23pm
Subject:Re: arrays in stored procedures - pl. help
View as plain text
Chris,
 thank you for the response, but that was not my question.
 My question is how do I send multiple sets of data into a stored procedure
without doing the things I had outlined.

On 7/17/06, Chris <dmagick@stripped> wrote:

> L P wrote:
> > Folks,
> > say I have a need to add multiple rows at the same time.
> >
> > for instance, say I'm collecting customer information and I want to add
> 3
> > addresses and 3 phone numbers at the same time for a customer.
> >
> > The above is quite straightforward to accomplish when there is only one
> set
> > of data to deal with (one address / one phone number) - with simple data
> > types passed in as parameters.
> >
> > What alternatives / options do I have to accomplish storing multiple
> > sets of
> > data?
>
> insert into table(field1, field2, field3) values (value1, value2,
> value3), (value4, value5, value6);
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/insert.html
>
> Don't use arrays for storage, you'll lose a lot of performance.

Thread
arrays in stored procedures - pl. helpL P16 Jul
  • Re: arrays in stored procedures - pl. helpChris17 Jul
    • Re: arrays in stored procedures - pl. helpL P26 Jul
      • Re: arrays in stored procedures - pl. helpPeter Brawley26 Jul