List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Date:July 25 2006 9:10am
Subject:Stored procedures
View as plain text
Hi list

I'm trying to make stored procedures use parameters for limit and tables, I
guess this is either me using the wrong datatype or it's not possible.  I'm
having the same issue with seting the table for the query:

CREATE  PROCEDURE sp_test1 (IN some_limit int)
select * from some_table limit some_limit;

and
CREATE  PROCEDURE sp_test2 (IN some_table table)
select * from some_table;

Both fail with "ERROR 1064 (42000)".

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Is this a problem with
procedures not being able to do this or is it wrong datatypes or something
completely different?

Thanks in advance
Jon

Thread
Stored proceduresJon25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresVisolve DB Team25 Jul
    • Re: Stored proceduresJon25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresChris White25 Jul
    • Re: Stored proceduresJon Molin25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresDevananda30 Jul
    • Re: Stored proceduresPeter Brawley30 Jul
      • Re: Stored proceduresJon31 Jul
RE: Stored proceduresDan Burke25 Jul
  • Re: Stored proceduresJon25 Jul
RE: Stored proceduresDan Burke26 Jul