List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dilipkumar_parikh Date:July 24 2006 6:51am
Subject:Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?
View as plain text
Hi,

Try using the optimize table tablename ,but this will keep the data accordingly,but really
if it is  a disk space constraint you can go with re-org process in which you will have to
get a down time for mysql db.Process is something like .
Dump all the Innodb tables drop the existing innodb tables  and shutdown mysql, clear the
Innodb log-space as ibdata1 & indata2 & iblogfile0 & iblogfile1 and also the
redo logs of the innodb.
Then start the mysql this will create innodb logs 1 & innodb2 as what u have mentioned
in ur cnf file and import the dump .
In this case u can able to reduce the space usage of innodb.
Try this it might help u out.

With Regards
Dilipkumar

 leo.huang.list@stripped:

> Hi, all
>
> 	I know the Innodb use MVCC to achieve very high concurrency. Can
> Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space? I have an database which
> have many update operation. If Innodb can\'t reuse the space of deleted
> rows, I worry about that MySQL will exhaust our disk space very
> quickly.
>
> 	Any recommend will be welcome!
>

> Regards,
> Leo Huang

Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang24 Jul
Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?dilipkumar_parikh24 Jul
  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris26 Jul
      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang26 Jul
        • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris27 Jul
          • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
            • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Chris28 Jul
              • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang28 Jul
                • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson28 Jul
                  • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Jochem van Dieten29 Jul
                    • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?Dan Nelson29 Jul
                      • Re: Can Innodb reuse the deleted rows disk space?leo huang1 Aug