List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:thomas Armstrong Date:July 20 2006 9:11am
Subject:"CHARACTER SET COLLATE NULL" error with mySQL 4.0.27
View as plain text
Hola.

With mySQL 4.0.27 I'm trying to create this table
------
CREATE TABLE `test`.`user` (

`user_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`email` TEXT CHARACTER SET COLLATE NULL ,
`firstname` TEXT CHARACTER SET COLLATE NOT NULL ,
)
----------

but I get this error:
------
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'CHARACTER SET  COLLATE  NULL,
 `firstname` TEXT CHARACTER SET
------

Does anybody know which the right way is for this mySQL version? I'm using
mySQL-Workbench to design the tables, and that's the code I get?

Thank you very much.
Thread
"CHARACTER SET COLLATE NULL" error with mySQL 4.0.27thomas Armstrong20 Jul
  • Re: "CHARACTER SET COLLATE NULL" error with mySQL 4.0.27Visolve DB Team21 Jul