List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Trainor Date:July 13 2006 3:02pm
Subject:Re: Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 client
View as plain text
Iain Conochie wrote:
> Afternoon,
>
>    Apologies if this has been discussed before, I could not find a
> reference of it. So here we go :)
>
>    Currently, I have a need to get a mysql 4.0 client to talk to a mysql
> 4.1 database. The error message I get is
>
> ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
> server; consider upgrading MySQL client
>
>    Unfortunately, this is not possible. Is there any way of getting the
> server to use the 4.0 method of authentication?
>
> Cheers

Hi -

This will help:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/old-client.html

Unfortunately I've been in this position a few times, as well.

Thanks
-dant
Thread
Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 clientIain Conochie13 Jul
  • Re: Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 clientDan Trainor13 Jul
    • Re: Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 clientIain Conochie13 Jul