List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Iain Conochie Date:July 13 2006 2:44pm
Subject:Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 client
View as plain text
Afternoon,

    Apologies if this has been discussed before, I could not find a
reference of it. So here we go :)

    Currently, I have a need to get a mysql 4.0 client to talk to a
mysql 4.1 database. The error message I get is

ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server; consider upgrading MySQL client

    Unfortunately, this is not possible. Is there any way of getting the
server to use the 4.0 method of authentication?

Cheers

--
Iain Conochie UNIX System Administrator UK
COLT Telecom

Thread
Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 clientIain Conochie13 Jul
  • Re: Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 clientDan Trainor13 Jul
    • Re: Connecting to mysql 4.1 server with a 4.0 clientIain Conochie13 Jul