List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:July 9 2006 8:05pm
Subject:Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?
View as plain text
At 01:48 PM 7/9/2006, you wrote:

>----- Original Message ----- From: "mos" <mos99@stripped>

That's ok, our provincial bird is the mosquito and we need all the weapons
we can get.<bg>
I was going to try eclipse anyways for another project I'm going to start.
Some people like eclipse, others hate it because it crashes a lot.

>Another editor that can also match brackets is PFE, Programmer's File
>Editor. It's also free and is a good editor. You can find it many places,
>including http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/steveb/cpaap/pfe/pfefiles.htm. It
>only runs on Windows though.
>
>Another decent little editor that has the feature is TextPad. It's also
>free and can be found at http://www.textpad.com/.
>
>There are probably more basic editors out there that have bracket matchers
>but I can't name any for you. I'm not even sure what the feature you want
>is supposed to be called: "bracket matcher", "parenthesis balancer", or
>whatever. It's getting to be a pretty standard feature in editors in
>recent years, although it doesn't seem to be in NotePad or WordPad.

Thanks for the list of editors. I'm surprised my version of Notetab pro
doesn't have bracket matching. I may need to upgrade.

Mike

Thread
How to look for balanced parenthesis?mos9 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Rhino9 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson10 Jul
      • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Hank11 Jul
        • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson11 Jul
          • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Andrew Kreps11 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?mos10 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson10 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Joerg Bruehe10 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Pooly11 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Rhino10 Jul